Wednesday, September 9, 2009

August 18, 2009 - 29 Week Update











Today was the BIG day. Not only was it my 27th birthday but it was also the day when we went to the doctor's to see what they had to say about my placental tear. I, for one, was mega pumped to wear real clothes and get out of the house for the first time in a week! Being the eternal optimist that I am, I walked into the doctor's office so very confident that everything had healed just fine and that I would be starting school this week as planned. I even brought along a grocery list in my purse thinking that after I received my "good news" I could go for a much anticipated Wal-Mart and Food Lion run! It's amazing to me how shopping trips to the outlets and to the mall would someday hold the same excitement as a grocery store trip! Anyways, our doctor came in and after a thorough exam and ultrasound, she showed us Hudson all curled up and sleeping, healthy as can be! She also determined that the hole, though shrinking, was still of considerable size and that an additional two weeks of moderate bed rest should help it to close up more completely. Well, all I heard at first was that she was pleased to see that it was beginning to close up...so I was already silently celebrating my inevitable trip to the pickle aisle. It wasn't until she began asking me questions about finding a good sub to start the school year for me that I realized what was really going on. My optimism quickly melted away as uncontrollable tears streamed down my face. I couldn't help but feel that all of my efforts of being still had not paid off. She reassured me that I was doing a great job and just needed a little longer. We wrapped up the appointment with lots of tissues, hugs from the nurses and a rhogam shot for my RH negative blood type.



So.........it's back to the couch for me! But not before celebrating my birthday! i was quickly able to get myself together at the doctor's office after realizing that, once again, I will do whatever it takes to ensure Hudson's health and safety. After the appointment, Garrett and I enjoyed a special dinner out since I was now allowed to leave the house and sit up for small windows of time during the day. He surprised me with a special cake and birthday goodies when we got home! Kimmy also helped to make my birthday super special with lots of wonderful balloons and wonderful birthday treats!



















































































Throughout the day, despite the ups and downs, I realized that regardless of how things didn't necessarily go my way...I still had the best birthday I have ever had. For the past few years I had always wished and prayed and hoped that my next birthday would bring with it the news of a baby. Not even two more weeks of bed rest could make this day any less amazing for me. My initial feelings of defeat were quickly overtaken with feelings of triumph. I have after all, come all of this way and have a beautiful healthy baby on the way. I have far too much to be grateful for than to be disappointed in. As I went to sleep that night I realized I had everything I had ever dreamed of...an unbelievable husband, amazing family and friends, and now a son. Life is good, God is great, and I am thankful.

Although I was not allowed to begin the school year with my first grade class, there was still so much work to be done in my classroom to get it ready for the sub taking over and for the kids who would be starting their first day of school in just a few days. Garrett worked tirelessly to move and arrange my room, while we had a wonderful group of girls from our church's youth group come to my room to help set everything up. Together, with some angels from the school, we were able to prepare a classroom that was both inviting and exciting. This is a picture of the youth group girls who volunteered their time and their hearts to help "Mrs. Miller" in the days leading up to the first day!
















Two weeks down...one to go...I hope!

YAY for a new produce selection!!

Weeks 29-32 (Month 7): Squash





Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

Your Baby:

Baby's brain can now control her breathing and body temperature. He can also cough, and her sucking abilities have been perfected. Your baby's skin is looking less wrinkled as he packs on the pounds. He's starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model. He's now beefing up on the energizing and insulating white fat he'll be born with (unfortunately, white fat is not energizing and insulating for adults!). And speaking of energy, your little Energizer Bunny is on fire these days. You're sure to feel your share of kicks, punches and elbows, especially when you're lying down. You might want to start keeping a kick chart to monitor your baby's movements, and also to later show your 13-year-old child what you endured for him or her.

This week your baby is a little over 15 inches long—about the length of a loaf of bread—and weighs about 3 pounds, as much as a Macbook Air laptop.

1 comment:

  1. My sweet Diana- as I read your blog I was brought back to my days of bedrest and tears came to my eyes. I know exactly how you feel and I wish I could do something here in PA to help you. It is so exhausting and such hard work to be on bedrest 24 hours a day. I honestly think by the time Ciara came I was mentally insane!!! I remember crying all the time and feeling really lonely because everyone had to go to work during the day. I will pray everyday that the tear will heal and there will be some relief for you soon. I love your optimism and you are definately right God is good and a baby is a precious miracle you would do anything in this world for. I am so glad you have so many wonderful family and friends to keep you company and help with your sanity. If I can do anything for you up here please let me know. Even if you just need to talk you are welcome to call. I've been in your shoes and believe me I was glad to be upright again. Hudson will be here before you know it and then you will be secretely wishing you had that peace and quiet on bedrest!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete