My second week into the school year brought with it a plethora of new things: new word wall words, new homework folders that I made for my kids, and a new pokes and jabs from baby Hudson, and something not nearly as exciting or cute....cankles. For weeks and weeks I thought, "Gosh, I am soooo lucky that I haven't been swelling up despite all of the heat!" Sure enough...just when you share a new found appreciation for something, God has a tendency of showing you that he actually had something different in mind. If cankles isn't a tell all sign that God has a sense of humor, I don't know what is. A combination of the beach humidity, keeping up after 21 6 year olds , an ever growing heavy baby boy, and my first two weeks of being "vertical" again went straight to my ankles. Bless my heart, I thought surely I must have gotten stung or bitten by several thousand mosquitoes at first! Then a few days later I realized, no...that's not at all what's happening. Weirdly enough, my feet and legs never did swell...so it just looked like my ankles swallowed two rectangular wooden blocks from one of my math centers. Not a pretty visual, is it?!?
Apart from this new metamorphism (which I just added to the list of physical changes) Hudson has done some major growing. My belly is beginning to feel very very heavy! I can even tell he has grown in length now that I can feel an elbow near my hip and a foot up near my ribs! At times it feels like he must be doing the Chicken Dance in there with the way he seems to flap and poke out his elbows! Other times I can feel his foot wiggle right before he seems to fall asleep and get "quiet" for a while. It's so funny to think about how Garrett does the same thing! Already taking after daddy?!? Speaking of which, we are getting more and more excited to see just who this little guy looks like! From the ultrasounds, it looks like he may have my round face and pointy chin and a round nose and eyes like Garrett. We'll be anxious to see just how accurate all of our prenatal pictures are!
On Sept. 13th we celebrated Garrett's 29th birthday and the beginning of football season! We were so excited to think about how next year on daddy's birthday Hudson will be here in his little Steelers jersey on daddy's lap digging into the cake, yelling at the t.v. during the game, and waving/chewing on his baby sized Terrible Towel. So many things to look forward to. So many things to be thankful for. 1. Where has the time gone? 2. Didn't we just find out we had a blessing on the way? 3. How did I get to 32 weeks? ---- 1. Quickly due to our "never a dull moment" lifestyle 2. A mere 191 days ago! 3. With countless prayers answered, and the support and love of our family and friends.
We celebrated Garrett's birthday weekend with Bubby and our family friend Sally who were here visiting!
Happy Birthday Garrett! I love you more and more every single day. I am so incredibly blessed to be married to my very best friend. Birthdays will never be the same at our house! Homemade cards, popsicle stick crafted presents, and messy icing kisses will be our future, and I'm so thrilled to be sharing it all with you. Hudson is so very lucky to have you as his dad, and I am so very lucky to call you mine. I hope all of your birthday wishes come true! xo
Baby Update:
Last week of Squash!
Other baby news:
What Mommy is Feeling: "I'm either having David Beckham's love child or a future member of the Rockettes."
Mommy's Body: There is something surreal about watching a tiny foot move across your belly (and something uncomfortable about getting jabbed by a tiny elbow in the dead of night). Now that your baby is nice and big and mobile, you'll be getting kicked and prodded in all sorts of unexpected places. Oooof! Did you feel that one in the ribs? If you're feeling sudden, jerking movements, then your baby probably has the hiccups. Or he could be practicing his routine for So You Think You Can Dance. Changing positions, taking a walk, or drinking a cold glass of water or juice can sometimes get a very active baby to chill with the kidney shots for a while. You could also try telling the baby if he kicks you one more time you're going to come in there and give him a time-out. OK, that won't help ease the discomfort, but mentally it'll make you feel like you're still in control. You can also take heart in the fact that in a few more weeks, your Karate Kid will be running out of room for the kind of athletic displays he's so fond of these days. In other words, he'll be too cramped in there to haul his foot back 6 or 7 inches to give you a swift kick in the ribs.
What Baby is Up To:
Although your baby will still remain active, his days of trying out for Cirque du Soleil are nearly over. About this time your baby will settle into the head-down position in preparation for birth. Other fascinating facts: Both you and baby are putting on some serious weight at this point. You'll probably gain about a pound a week for the next few weeks, with half of that poundage bulking up baby. He'll likely double his weight in the next eight weeks. Ever wonder what your baby is doing in there these days? He's busy blinking, looking around, grabbing things, making faces, practicing his breathing, peeing and listening to everything around him—pretty much exactly what he'll be doing for the first three months of his life, sans the adoring audience and the flashing camera. Your baby may (or may not) have a full head of hair now. If he's a baldy, don't worry. You can always buy a baby toupee. By the end of this week, your baby will weigh about 4 pounds and measure over 17 inches long—about the length of a hot pair of above-the-knee boots. Christian Louboutin? Manolo Blahnik? We're thinking Isaac Mizrahi for Target—you've got a nursery to furnish!









No comments:
Post a Comment