Sunday, September 13, 2009

August 25, 2009 - 30 Week Update

"Bumpits" and Brouhahas in a Box



Week 30 rounded out my final and third week of moderate bed rest! WAHOOO!! After a team of angels helped me prepare a classroom for my new first grade family, I took a deep breath and realized that despite my sadness for missing my very first day of school with my new children, Hudson and I (Izzy too!) were right where we needed to be. I could literally feel and see Hudson getting stronger and that in itself felt like a personal accomplishment each day! We read books, I read him stories, we watched movies, worked on lesson plans for school, took lots of naps, were visited by wonderful friends, and continued to be thankful for the progress we just HAD to be making!

Kim knew I was so sad to miss the first day of school so when she came home that day she had something very special for me! I have been talking for what seems like forever about the infamous hairstyle phenomenon....Bumpits!! Most of you know that for the majority of my 27 years I have been sporting some kind of "big" hair at any given time. In the 80's it was the perm, in the 90's it was a "body wave" and pretty much from high school until today I have no doubt (with the help of my fellow hair spray addict...college roommate Carla Ann) depleted the ozone layer with my daily hot roller and hair spray routine. So, you can imagine my excitement when I first saw the incredible "Bumpit" commercial! I was sooooo thrilled when I opened my special present and saw the Bumpit package! I'm actually sporting the "medium" sized on in the above picture! They are definitely not nearly as easy to use as the commercials suggest, nevertheless, they have yielded several voluminous hair days since their glorious arrival! Thank you so much Kimmy!

Another special arrival this week was a little something I like to call "A Brouhaha in a Box". Krissy and Carla sent an incredible "stay put" incentive package to help me "round" out the remaining days of my bed rest! God bless them! A super cute arrangement of dozens of magazines, books, movies, and cards. It meant so much to me that they were thinking about Hudson and I. I knew how much they wish they could have been here with us. Actually, I think it was their package of sweetness that began my sentimental landslide! I've just been so touched by everyone's support and love, and these wonderful feelings coupled with my excitement of Hudson's upcoming debut have really put my heart and tear ducts in overdrive!


Here's a picture of the special delivery!
















I also came across a picture of my mom and I that I didn't post a few weeks ago when she came to visit! Here's a picture of us a few days before the hospital stay! We had a wonderful time on our beach date!












... few weeks into our third trimester now! 6 more days until my next Dr.'s appointment to see how my placenta is healing...and about 54 more days until a very special birthday party!

Hudson is still the size of a squash but here's the scoop at 30 weeks!
P.S. Keep in mind that when we were in the hospital a few weeks ago (about 27 weeks along) he was already measuring nearly 3 pounds and was in the 97 percentile for length and weight. At this time, they decided that PERHAPS an estimated due date of Oct. 23rd may be more accurate! However, because Oct. 23rd is still within the two week window of time, our initial due date of Nov. 6th is still a possibility. So in conclusion....lol...if this is the case, we are either looking at a possible "trick or treat" surprise, or a very large November baby! Either way, I'm buying him both a pumpkin and a turkey outfit just to be prepared for either season/holiday arrival! :0)

Your Baby at 30 weeks:

Big news for baby's brain this week: It's starting to wrinkle and fold and looks like something that grew in the back of your fridge. This is due to the rapid growth of your little genius's brain cells. Other highlights this week: Fingernails and toenails are finally finished—causing his or her parents great fear and anguish the first time they try to cut those little daggers (it gets easier, we promise)! Plus, the bone marrow is completely in charge of red-blood-cell production now. Trust us, this is a good thing. Baby is starting to shed his lanugo—the downy hair that was covering his skin. Now that he's chubbier and better able to regulate his body temp, he doesn't need to sport a fur coat 24/7. "I spy an umbilical cord and the inside of my mom's uterus!" When your baby is awake, his eyes are now wide open and he's whittling away the hours looking around, checking out his rather dark, limited environs. Your baby hasn't gained much weight or height this week, as most of his energy's been channeled to the brain. He weighs about 3 pounds and is approximately 15.5 inches long, about the size of London, not the city, Britney Spears' Yorkie terrier. Of course your baby is less hairy and way cuter!

1 comment:

  1. You were able to work the bumpit better than I've been able to so far! :) Glad you are doing well and off bedrest! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete