Monday, August 31, 2009

August 11, 2009 - 28 Week Update











Week 1 from the couch...

By the way, please don't panic because I'm standing in my picture this week! I am actually allowed to be up for a few minutes at a time. I was expecting special visitors the day this was taken. Otherwise, you would have seen me in my lovely pink pjs...the usual attire for the week. Moving right along...I've been feeling really great! The hardest part of all so far has been that I can barely move a muscle in fear of moving too much. I always thought I would be all over the chance to do nothing but totally veg out on the couch all day, however, under these circumstances, I would much rather be anywhere but here. I know that I have to be a good girl and stay still so that I can heal properly so Hudson can keep cooking in his ever expanding oven as long as I can help it! That's enough motivation for me in itself. When we got home from the hospital the other night we were all so exhausted from lack of sleep! Although I was in a hospital bed, I had wires and monitors everywhere and nurses coming in and out and Garrett had a cute little futon looking thing beside me. Needless to say, we took a family nap when we got home and this was a picture of Garrett and Izzy sleeping on the couch. I was on the chaise close by.











We also had many special visits from very special people! Our friend Robin came one day with a delicious lunch and wonderful day of hanging out with me. As always, God's timing was so very perfect. A few days after I came home from the hospital I was thankful to have our wonderful friend Kim come to stay with us during all of our placental craziness. She was a wonderful help and was super fun to snuggle with on the couch. Between Kimmy's hilarious amazing self, and Garrett's attempt at cooking and taking over my role as Suzie Homemaker, I was so nervous that all of my laughing would surely tear something of importance. Below is a picture of Garrett's first ever spaghetti dinner. He even made crescent rolls!

















Maggie and Dave were on their honeymoon while we were in the hospital. As soon as they got back and Maggie heard about our situation, she was at the door with bags of goodies and a delicious dinner!

















Among the special deliveries this week, was an extra special little something...I was so excited to get one the prettiest edible things ever from all of my Mercyhurst loves! Carla, Krissy, Molly, Linds, and Stace sent me a beautiful "bed rest bouquet" of goodness! It was so pretty I hated to eat it...but don't worry....I did! I have been so blessed to have these girls as not only friends but also as family for the past 9 years! They always seem to make me feel as though they are right with me even though they are several hundred miles away!















I also had a very special visit from some very special NC girls! Shawn, Kasey, Lexi, and Nati came to spent an afternoon with me! After the girls played dress up in my jewlery and had a "Project Runway" moment with my clothes as I watched from the chaise, they wanted to feel Hudson's hiccups!






It's safe to say that I have nearly memorized the complete tv schedule from dawn to dusk and have read every "What to expect" book known to mankind. I also seriously feel that I could independently renovate an entire house under an hour with all of the intense TLC and HGTV training I have received this week! More than anything, this was a week when we felt everyone's love, from both near and far. We have been so blessed to have been included in dozens of prayers chains, and on the minds and hearts of more than we could possibly ever begin to thank. I hope and pray that when we go back to the doctor's on the 18th we will hear good news and that everything will be healed. Until then, I'll be on the couch with Izzy!

Yep, still Eggplant "Eggcitement" for us!
In the meantime...

Your Baby:

As the Big Day nears, your baby is getting ready to go towards the light at the end of the tunnel (the tunnel being the birth canal, the light being the one the doctor is shining directly into it so she can see what the heck she's doing).


Other highlights this week:

Your baby's eyes are partially open now and can blink. Truly superior babies can actually wink. (OK, there is no way to prove that, but it's fun to imagine, no?) Your baby can also now become a shiny, happy person as he has begun having rapid eye movement (Get it? REM? Shiny, happy person?? We'll be here all week.) His eyes have color now, too. It may not be the color he ultimately ends up with, especially if they're light gray or blue. The eyes typically don't settle on a final hue until nine months after baby is born. So when your mother-in-law says that the baby has her eyes, you can politely inform her that they'll most likely change soon. Sorry. Your babe is downright chubby compared to a few weeks ago. He is about 15 inches long, about the length of an amusement park cinnamon-sugar-coated churro (yum!), and weighs 2 to 3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment