Monday, August 3, 2009

July 28, 2009 - 26 Week Update



Hiccups, hiccups, and more hiccups!

Nope! Not from me! Hudson has had hiccups nearly every single day, sometimes twice a day, for the last week! Early in the morning or late at night I'll suddenly feel strong rhythmic thumps coming from the good ol' belly! I first started to feel some hiccups several weeks ago, but now they are so strong that they literally resonate and shake my whole body when he has them! Along with the hiccups, I've also felt something new this past week! I can feel Hudson actually rolling around now! I know he's been doing that for quite some time, but now as he is growing bigger and bigger I am better able to distinguish each little move he makes...leg kicks from arm kicks, and rolls from wiggles. Late one night I felt my first Braxton Hicks contraction. At first I thought Hudson was rolling up into a little ball because I suddenly felt a lot of pressure towards the front of my belly. Then within a few seconds my whole belly squeezed up super tight for just a blink of an eye. It took me a minute to realize what had happened. As weird as it sounds it was actually exciting! It didn't hurt at all, just a very very tight feeling. I wonder how many of those bad boys I'll feel until the REAL thing happens!?!

It's amazing to me that he is nearly two whole pounds now and creating more of a ruckus in there each day! I'm loving it! As my belly (refer to picture above! lol) also continues to grow, I'm beginning to feel a little squished, especially after I eat. I can only imagine how squished I'll feel in another month or two! Yikes! Oh well! Bring on the "squishiness"!

We had a doctor's appointment this week and it went really well! My blood pressure, weight, and everything was right on target. We got to hear his little heartbeat again and it was loud and strong! It leveled off at about 150 beats per minute. Our doctor measured my belly for the first time (fundal size) and it was right where it should be. I was given the Glucola to take home for me to drink before our next appointment in three weeks. I've heard spectacular things about this delicious orange concoction from moms who have gone before me! Can't you just taste the sarcasm?...it's about as thick as the orange syrupy mess that his hanging out in my fridge at this very moment! We were also given registration procedures for our hospital where we'll be delivering. Wow! Are we really that far already!? We'll be checking in within the next month so that they already have all of our information onfile so when we come flying in through the doors of the hospital at some ungodly hour we won't have to wait around! Let's just hope that in all of Garrett's excitement, anticipation, and nervousness he will arrive at the hospital with me in tow...and not leave the house without me! lol I can see it now...Garrett half way to the hospital with Izzy riding shotgun and realizing that I'm still at home with my suitcase. I think it would make for a great new reality show on TLC!
On July 29th we were so excited to hear that our close friends Macky and Donielle finally had their little bundle of boy! We are so excited to meet Cameron! We hope that Hudson and Cameron are blessed with the same wonderful friendship that their parents have shared!

The excitement continued this week as Mike, Ann, and Bailey came in to stay with us for Maggie and Dave's wedding weekend! We had such a wonderful time! It was a beautiful day for a beautiful new life to begin! Complete with a beach theme, not a single detail was forgotten. Check out the picture below! Maggie and Dave included Hudson for the seating chart and it completely stole my heart! I've also added some pictures from the wedding day!




















During the wedding, I was sitting in church looking at Maggie and Dave as they were sitting there on the altar and started to think about how that will be Hudson up there someday marrying the girl of his dreams and I broke down! lol Ann thought I was nuts! And in all honesty....these days...mostly I am! But at that moment I got a tiny little slice of what it will feel like to really be a mom. I love him so very much already...all I will say is...to those girlfriends that he will someday have...consider yourselves warned! :-)
Mom and Heather will be here next week and I could not be more excited! As if that wasn't already over the moon exciting, we will also be painting the nursery, putting up the chair rail, our second 3d ultrasound appointment and so much more! I forsee lots and lots of pictures for next week's blog! Who's excited!!??


Size wise...just like last week, he's still about the size of an eggplant but here's what's going on this week!


Your Pregnancy: Week 26
If it feels like time is speeding by while simultaneously dragging on, you're not crazy, you're just pregnant. One minute you feel totally unprepared for the changes having a baby will bring, the next minute the anticipation of meeting the Mini that's been swinging from your ribs makes you cry. Such is the roller coaster of pregnancy (and strangely enough, of being a parent, too).
Your Baby:
Deep breath! Air sacks are developing in your baby's lungs, which means it just might be possible for your baby to take a breath at the end of this week. The air sacks (technically called alveoli) will continue to grow for the next nine years. The membrane that keeps the alveoli separate from the blood vessels is now thin enough to allow for that oxygen–carbon dioxide exchange we call breathing.
Other highlights this week: The retina completes the development of its normal layers this week—all the better to see you with. Well not you, per se, because his eyes are still sealed shut and it's really dark in there, but your baby's eyes are now fully developed. Brainwaves for the auditory and visual systems are detectable in baby's noggin this week. That means baby's brain is registering things like sound and light. He can't understand what any of it means yet, but he's on track to comprehend an entire episode of Blue's Clues in no time! As hearing continues to develop, your baby will start to recognize your voice. One hint that your karaoke rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" is not the best would be when the baby starts banging on your gut. Your bambino will also start to recognize your partner's voice. He may feel silly talking to your stomach, but assure him that somebody other than you is definitely listening. Research has shown that newborns actually recognize familiar sounds after birth. Proof that your baby has been paying attention all along. Break out the sparkling apple juice—baby has now completed two-thirds of his stay in Hotel Womb. Your baby is about 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long head-to-heel, or about the length of a burp cloth (otherwise known as your primary wardrobe accessory for the next several months).

No comments:

Post a Comment