During week 17, little Sweet Pea and myself traveled to Pennsylvania to celebrate a very special birthday, engagement, and wedding! With each passing day I have felt more and more movement with the baby. I can start to see connections between the different foods that I eat and things that I do that provoke more movement! It was really amazing though as the plane took off for PA to feel the baby in full force. The same movements came when we landed. Our little one is already such a "jet setter". It's amazing how wonderfully accommodating and kind people are to expectant mothers. I had all kinds of people offering to carry anything and everything that I had that day. More than anything, this week was about sharing the excitement of our baby with family and friends that I haven't seen since we've gotten the big news in March. It really made everything feel so much more real to me in a very emotionally overwhelming sort of way! :-) I've already been caught sobbing at the most random things, i.e. a televised cheerleading competition where I felt such a huge sense of pride for those lovely girls and their parents...lol true story. As I begin to tear up at just the thought of those well constructed cheerleading pyramids, it's time to move on...:-) Friday, May 29th my dad, Heather, Jason, Jimmie and I (God bless Garrett, he wanted to come home with me so badly but couldn't make it home this time) surprised my mom with a super fun surprise party for her 50th birthday! It was a huge success and I think everyone had a really wonderful time! While everyone enjoyed a variety of appetizers and beverages, I enjoyed a plate of lemons, and strawberry cake.....yes....together.
...Taking turns giving a toast!
...Mom blowing out her
dynamite stick of a candle!
... Aunt Heather and I with Auntie "M"
or "Gammy" (Great Aunt Maureen)
...Me with Garrett's mom
and dad.. Pa and Bubby!

...Uncle Jimmie, Me, Nana,
Aunt Heather, and Puppa

...Cousin love with Paul!

...Mom with her girls

...Me with my lemons!

...Uncle Jason and Aunt Heather
Heather asked me to be her Matron of Honor!!!!
Wahoo!!! Let the planning begin!
Day 2 of my trip to PA was spent celebrating the wedding of Molly and Curtis in Erie, PA with my Mercyhurst loves. It was so wonderful reminiscing our crazy college days. I have been so blessed with so many wonderful friends in my life. It has been so wonderful to have these girls and to be able to share all of our life changing moments together. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful bride, and beautiful memories.
...Candace, Krissy, Molly, Linds,
Carla Ann, and Me
...My mom was my super hot date!
...The very special "Sweet Pea"
necklace my mom gave me!!!
...Krissy and I teaching the baby
some of our super crazy fun dance moves!
...On day 3 I was able to have a very special lunch date with Courtney. An amazing friend of mine since the 1st grade! We celebrated her engagement and wedding plans for the upcoming year!! Courtney is not only a wonderful friend, but she is also a wonderful photographer! I am so excited that she will be taking some maternity pictures of me this fall!!
Week 17 was a week full of reunions and celebrations! I am so excited for this little one to finally meet all our amazing family and friends!
Check out what our little "onion" is up to this week!
Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints. The baby is about the size of an onion this week.










No comments:
Post a Comment