Week 19 was spent wondering what a girl has to do for a candy apple around here! The search continues....stay tuned! Until then, the lemons and slushies will do just fine. I've started eating an obscene amount of apples though. I've always loved apples, but now...it's just ridiculous! I can devour a whole bag of granny smith apples in just a few days. Well, at least they are healthy...it could be a bag of double cheese burgers! Speaking of which, that sounds good right about now too! Obviously, the good ol appetite is not just back but it's here with a vengeance, it's best just not to get in it's way. Consider yourself warned! lol :-) The last time I was at the doctor I weighed in with a whopping weight gain of a whole 8 pounds! I was shocked! I would have thought I gained much more, but thanks to the miracle of carrying a child, I've stretched and grown sideways a lot. (although no stretch marks yet, knock on wood!) My naivety spoke for me when I said to the nurse, "Well, maybe since I've gotten wider delivery will be a lot easier now!" lol Yes, that really did come out of my mouth. The poor nurse just shook her head and smiled as she gave me a hug and said, "Aww, bless your heart, you are just too cute." So that wasn't very comforting. Let's just worry about that later! lol :-) Most importantly, I spent most of this week with Ann and her family at the Outer Banks. We had a super wonderful time and they didn't even laugh when they saw me in my bikini! Now, those are true friends! :-) It was great to spend that time together and I was so thankful they included me in their family trip. Bubby, Pa, Easton, Katie, and Charlie came at the end of this week...stay tuned for next week's update to read about our adventures!
...Part 1 of our pretend maternity photo shoot!
...Part 2 of our pretend maternity photo shoot...
to most of you this won't come as much of a surprise!
LOL This is very typical Dee/Ann behavior :-)
...Ann and I at the dunes. Yes, Mama Miller climbed
one of the mountains of sand and lived to tell the tale!
It's getting rather tropical here at the Miller household just in time for summer! Mango anyone?

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. The baby is about the size of a mango this week.









The carnival is this week do you want me to overnight a candy apple?
ReplyDelete