This past week was another busy week! Now that we know just "who" we have on board, it's officially time to start planning the nursery! We have so many great ideas! We have also started looking at cribs and furniture for the baby's room! We hope to have our final choices picked out within the next few weeks! In a perfect world, the nursery would be mostly done before school started back up! We'll just have to see how our "brilliant" ideas pan out and how quickly we can get everything accomplished! I can already see our home turning into an HGTV marathon during the next few months! We're having so much fun already! It's so exciting to be at this stage of the pregnancy where everything really starts to feel "real". With a little help from my OCD, I just want everything to be so very perfect for our little man! I'm sure everything will come together eventually. I'm already looking forward to sitting in our finished nursery imagining how it will finally be complete when our baby is here. Until then, paint, carpet, and window treatment samples, along with stacks of decorating magazines, will be filling the nursery for now!
We had a doctor's appointment this week which included an ultrasound! Wahoo!! We live and breathe for these appointments! Our doctor was extremely pleased with his growth and was surprised to see how active he was already! She literally had to chase him around with the ultrasound wand to get her measurements! He had his arms behind his head again and kicked back each time she pressed down on my belly. She noticed how long his fingers were and how perfectly round his little nose and bottom was! He is actually measuring a little bigger than expected but she decided to keep the Nov. 6th due date the same. If his performance over the last few weeks tells us anything, I have a feeling that he's planning on his grand arrival on his own time and not when he is "supposed" to be here! She was also pleased to see that my blood pressure and weight were both very healthy. At 21 weeks, I am now at a grand total of nearly 9 pounds. With the heat of living at the beach, I'm learning that the heat, humidity, swelling, the stretching of my hips, and water retention sometimes make me feel as though I've gained about 100 so far. I couldn't help but laugh when I walked past a mirror in our house and I actually startled myself because I didn't realize just how much my profile has changed in the past few weeks! All in all, I absolutely love being pregnant! All of the swelling and aches and pains in the world could never make me forget what a blessing from God this child is. More than ever, I'm so incredibly thankful.
On Saturday, June 27th (Nana and Puppa's 28th Wedding Anniversary) we saw my belly move for the first time! I was soooo excited for Garrett to get to experience movement for the first time! He was able to see for himself what I have been feeling for several weeks now! It was an unforgettable moment! I am learning that if I lay down after eating or drinking something cold I can now SEE him move and wiggle around, instead of only feeling him! Everyday seems to bring a list of "firsts" for us and I know that our lives will forever be changed and blessed with countless new memories as we prepare for, welcome, and begin to share our life with our son!
I know that all of our loyal fans are just dying to know our little guy's name! I've had so many of you guess and suggest names and we are loving every one of them! Garrett and I have finally found what we feel is the perfect name for him! Because we decided to find out whether our little one was a boy or a girl, we wanted to keep SOMETHING a surprise! So, we've decided that the name we have chosen will be kept a secret until he arrives this fall! If you know anything about Garrett, you know that secrets just aren't his thing! It will be difficult to encourage him to keep the secret but we are committed to the mission of operation, "Keep the Name a Secret"! Hopefully our will power will last for nearly 4 more months! So please no bribes! (Unless of course they concern candy apples or lemonade) :-)

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. The baby is about the size of a banana this week!









No comments:
Post a Comment