Monday, May 25, 2009

May 19, 2009 - 16 Week Update

























What a week of surprises!! The greatest part of week 16 has been the super exciting news that Aunt Heather and Uncle Jason are now ENGAGED!!!!! WAHOOOO!!! We are all so thrilled! It really will be the world's busiest, yet most amazing year for our family! So much shopping to do!! I think that "Sweet Pea" has felt the excitement in the air recently and has taken to gymnastics as a hobby. I have felt more movement this past week than ever before!! Sometimes it feels like little flutters, while other times the movement feels more like little jabs here and there. So maybe gymnastics just isn't enough to keep the little one occupied so he/she took up karate on the side also! He/she does have nearly 160 more days to float around, I guess I can see how boredom could set in! This weekend was the second time the baby "bump" has made an appearance on the beach. Only this time, the "bump" was truly out in full force. I felt the baby like crazy as I sat in the sun! The bright light triggered lots of wiggles!! This week my lemon cravings have hit full force. Lemon flavored everything has been really spectacular! I have especially loved just actual lemons! Weird....I know. Pink lemonade has also been a big hit. I have found that nearly every time I have a pink lemonade drink I feel little bubble like sensations that (from what I've read in our vast library of baby books) seem to be the baby hiccuping. It's so very amazing. Garrett, God bless him, has been out late at night to get me a coconut slushy and this past weekend, covered most of the state of South Carolina in search of maternity shorts! There's a special place in Heaven for all fathers! Hopefully the special place in Heaven for moms also has all you can drink lemonade and pickles.






Congratulations Heather and Jason! We Love You! xox

















Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender. The baby is about the size of an avocado this week!

1 comment:

  1. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS BELLY UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL IN JUST A FEW DAYS!!!! HOO RAY!!!

    ReplyDelete