Monday, May 11, 2009

May 5, 2009 - 14 Week Update








Happy Cinco De Mayo To Us! This past week has been one of the greatest weeks so far! On May 5th we had a routine doctor's appointment and although we were disappointed that we didn't have an ultrasound we had something much more exciting happen! Our doctor used the little Doppler machine to find the baby's heartbeat for us and just when she pushed down on the lower left side of my belly to hear the heartbeat more clearly (155 beats per minute strong!), a big "thump" jabbed me on the right side of my belly! I was sooo scared because I didn't have any idea what the in the world happened that I jumped up on the table and the machine went flying. In the meantime, Garrett was as white as a ghost in the chair beside me because he saw my belly jump! lol I said, "what in the world was that?" and the doctor laughed as she said, "that was your baby getting upset with me pushing him or her around!". My jaw hit the floor. I didn't think I'd be feeling anything for several more weeks so I certainly wasn't expecting a karate kick from the inside! We were so excited that we could barely stand it! Our doctor warned us that I probably wouldn't be feeling kicks like that again for a little while longer. She thought the only reason I felt it so strongly was because she was pushing down so hard on my belly. It was the most incredible feeling ever and I just can't wait until it happens again. Since then, I've felt little things here and there but from what I've read it just might be the baby having the hiccups! I LOVE IT! :-) We'll always remember Cinco De Mayo '09 when our little Mexican jumping bean made himself/herself known!










I had no idea how many followers we had for our little blog until this past week! I know that Uncle Jason's family has just recently started to read and we're so excited to share! It's so exciting to know that so many people are following our special story! I'm glad so many of you thought he pickle picture was cute. I'll have to keep posting pictures of the current cravings of each week. So far...still pickles! lol This past weekend Garrett took me to my first Nascar race in Darlington, SC. I thought for sure the loud roaring engines of the race cars would surely provoke Sweet Pea to do some moving around for us! As it turns out, I think the baby is so used to spending every day all day in a busy preschool room that not even a Nascar race phases him/her. Oh well. We had a great time! Even though I absolutely loved my ultra hick experience, I don't think we'll be using the names, Jr., Dale, Gordon, or Ricky Bobby as name choices for those of you who are curious! :-)



The picture for week 14 was taken on my very first Mother-to-Be Mother's Day! It was such a very special day for both of us. As always, Garrett made a special day even more special. He surprised me with a beautiful engraved jewelry box and bracelet. The front of the heart on the bracelet says, "Sweet Pea" and the back side of the heart is engraved, "Mommy's first Mother's Day 5-10-09". Of course I cried, are you kidding!? They are two gifts that I'll treasure forever. I also had a bunch of special cards from very special ladies come in the mail along with some very special surprises! We are so blessed!





















Yes, the belly is still growing, slowly but surely! God bless elastic! My Victoria Secret swimsuit catalogue came in this past week and I just had to laugh. I think I'll be passing on that this summer! I tossed it in the trash along with my empty candy wrappers and an empty pickle jar! :-) Stay tuned for next week's adventure!

Thanks for all of your love!


Love,
Dee and Sweet Pea
xox







Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth. The baby is about the size of a lemon this week!






1 comment:

  1. dee,

    it was so great to talk with you today, and i will be even more excited to see you in a couple weeks!!! and get that v.s. catalog out of the trash!!!! you HAVE TO flaunt that belly this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete