Monday, May 4, 2009

April 28, 2009 - 13 Week Update







Goodbye skinny jeans and hellooo elastic! God bless maternity pants! I have finally broke down and started to wear the super cute maternity capris that I have found. They are still a little big but I have been folding them down to make them work for now! They have made such a difference for my little bump! I could go on forever about them...lucky for you I'll stop here! :-) This week started the intense growing pains in both my belly and lower back. Other than that I've really started to feel so very wonderful! Even a little less exhausted! Wahoo! The baby is now able to hear/feel my voice so I've been making a very special point to talk to the baby even more now! Garrett can't wait until he/she can hear his voice too! We have a little bit longer to go before that happens. Until then, Garrett talks to the baby anyways and we just pretend! :-) I always thought that craving pickles was a pregnancy cliche and that it wasn't necessarily true....oh cont rare! Even from the very beginning sour things have always settled my stomach. Now that I'm feeling great and starting to be more hungry, pickles just taste sooooo super amazing. Especially the "bread and butter" kind. If you were to open my fridge right now you'd realize just how serious I am! :-) Exhibit A....





Told you! Like maternity pants, I could type about pickles for an eternity so moving right along....


We have about 7 more weeks before we are able to find out just who my little sidekick is! We're so excited that we can barely stand it! It truly is amazing how life as we know it has already changed. Each day we pray that this child will not only know how much we have loved him/her before we had ever seen their face. We love reading the guesses! We were surprised to see how many of you think that there is a girl on the way! For future guessers...I would appreciate any weight guess of 7lbs or less....if you truly love me, you'll understand! :-)

Lots of Love,

Dee and Sweet Pea

xox















Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.) The baby is about the size of a peach this week!

1 comment:

  1. Deanna-you are more beautiful now than I have ever seen you. And you have always been beautiful. I am so happy for you and Garrett. I will keep tabs on you and that little one! God Bless and I totally understand the pickles!!!!

    ReplyDelete