"Baby Got Back"...and front....and sides...
This week I have noticed Hudson spending most of the day climbing on down. His change in positioning really made me realize that my sugar coated dreamy theory of him just stepping out of his little baby "door" that will appear on my belly (of course) just isn't happening....eek. Apparently that's not the only thing that has been noticed this week! As I was taking my students through cafeteria lunch line, one of the super wonderful lunch ladies ...who is about 50 years old busts out in a very lively rendition of "Baby Got Back" for all to hear. Thankfully, I absolutely looove this lady and couldn't help but just laugh and sing along. Of course my kids were wondering what in the world was going on while they were just trying to get their hot dogs in peace and quiet. Unfortunately/fortunately they may never fully appreciate the great poetic lyrical genius of Sir Mix-a-Lot. My lunch lady pal rounded up the last verse while adding, "D. Miller, has finally grown a butt." Yes, I suppose I have! We laughed and as I walked out of the cafeteria line I said a quiet prayer thanking God that today wasn't one of those "cry at the drop of a hat days" and I was able to laugh and take it all in stride. My new "back", front, and the rest of me from all angles have grown for a wonderful reason. At this week's doctor's appointment my new self weighed in at a healthy 28lbs gained and I feel great about every single one of them...regardless of just where they ended up! :-)
Our appointment went really wonderfully! I was so concerned that I was carrying the next 19 1/2lb baby. I was beginning to think I should schedule a play date in the upcoming months with that traumatized family in Indonesia who have already welcomed their large bundle of joy! I just kept thinking about how Hudson was weighing in at 4lbs in August when we were hospitalized...surely he was already nearing 8lbs or more! Well....much to our surprise, our perfect little peanut is just that....a perfect little peanut. Hudson weighed in at 5lbs 14 ounces and was right on schedule for a very healthy birth weight. I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was!! This sounded much more "do-able" compared to the "Stay Puff Marshmallow Man" size I was picturing in my dreams during the past few weeks! Although I have felt him move further down, he hasn't officially dropped. He was head down and just hanging out when we saw him on the ultrasound. Even after all of this time, and all of the ultrasounds, he manages to take my breath away each and every time. What a true gift, a true miracle...so close to finally becoming a reality.
We started a new baby class series this week. For the next three weeks, Garrett and I will be learning ALL about the miracle of birth as we take classes on breathing, labor and delivery, etc. Our first class was really great. Although we nearly got kicked out when we giggled and laughed when we were supposed to be practicing the breathing techniques, we somehow composed ourselves in time to realize this was probably something we should pay close attention to! The other couples were really sweet and we enjoyed talking with them and getting to know their stories as well! One of the girls was there with her mom as her labor coach. Her husband is serving in Afghanistan and would not be making it home in time for the birth of their baby girl. At this news, I grabbed Garrett's hand under the table as my heart never felt so thankful...thankful for the men and women serving our country who rarely ever get to experience special family moments as they secure the safety of strangers...and thankful that I have had, and will have Garrett by my side. God bless that sweet family and thank God for the sacrifices made by others so that we may have the life that we live.
On a "lighter" note...haha...wow...the irony sprinkled with sarcasm....
I thought I would include a little something extra in this week's blog. Prepare yourself!
"Ta-da" Here I am! No, no stretch marks....yet...just a whole lotta baby belly goodness!
What's going on in there?...
What Mom's Thinking
"One hundred bottles of milk on the wall, one hundred bottles of milk. Take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of milk on the wall ..."
"One hundred bottles of milk on the wall, one hundred bottles of milk. Take one down, pass it around, 99 bottles of milk on the wall ..."
What's going on with mom-
when you think you can't possibly stand another day of your baby kicking your lungs and crowding your stomach, your baby will drop it like it's hot. This process, called lightening, will probably make it easier for you to breathe, but with your baby's head resting directly on your bladder, you'll be breathing all the way to the bathroom. When your baby drops, you can rest assured that your pregnancy journey will be over within the next few weeks.
Hudson -
baby continues to put on weight at about ½ pound each week. This layer of fat will help your baby regulate his body temperature after leaving your climate-controlled womb. In fact, your baby will be 15 percent fat at birth (and you ... well that's another story). Even in the womb, your baby can listen, feel, touch and see. The only thing separating him from living in the outside world is a little thing called the birth canal. Other highlights this week: His gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth, though his actual pearly whites won't start breaking through until he's between three months and a year old. Your baby has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening his eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. Your baby will become alert and turn his head toward light and sound just as a newborn would—except when you put on that Celine Dion CD. Then the baby puts his hands up, turns away and gurgles, "Oh no you didn't!" Your baby is now around 18½ inches long and nearly 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!









No comments:
Post a Comment